My kids love granola bars but I don’t love the price and all the artificial ingredients. That’s why I love these homemade Strawberry Oatmeal Bars! They are so easy to make and one they cool they are easy to cut into pieces and take on the go and they are truly a family friendly recipe!
This is a great, versatile recipe that can be made with any berry you like. My family likes it with strawberries and blueberries, yum!! I tend to stock up on strawberries and blueberries when they are in season and then freeze them so I can make this recipe during the winter with frozen, locally bought berries. It’s a slice of summer in the dead of winter!
You really cannot go wrong with the recipe, it is definitely one of our favorites and it is so easy!
Crust and Topping for Oatmeal Bars
1 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
2 1/2 cups quick cook oats
2 tbsps apple juice
Filling for Oatmeal Bars
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
pinch of salt
3 1/2 cups berries
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat over to 375 degrees and grease a 9X13 inch pan.
2. Add flour, brown sugar and salt to a food processor and combine, add butter and mix until coarse crumbles form. Add the quick cook oats and mix well.
3. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Add the juice to remaining mixture and mix until moistened. Press this mixture into the bottom of the greased 9 X13 pan.
4. Whisk together sugar, flour and salt in a bowl. Add the berries and lemon juice and toss until all combined. Place filling over the crust in pan.
5. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the fruit and bake 35-40 minutes until golden.
Let cool and then cut and serve (this is also very yummy served warm!).
Wondering how you can freeze strawberries to enjoy them in your baked goods all year? Click here to find out! Want to try another great recipe using strawberries?
Check out these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from It’s Yummi!