A few days a week I like to try and have a warm breakfast option available for my kids, especially on days that we have early morning swim practice. On those days it can be tough because my son has practice 2 hours earlier than my daughters do, so they are all waking up at different times. When we have early practices I love being able to fill them up with protein but not weigh them down with a big meal. These Low Carb Egg Quiche fit the bill perfectly!
These Egg Quiche whip up in no time and taste great both hot and cold and are easily reheated in the microwave. They are also great for eating on the go since they are handheld and don’t make a mess.
Low Carb Egg Quiche
- 8 slices bread
- 2 slices thin sliced ham (chopped into tiny pieces)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use a mix of white and yellow cheese)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the inside of a muffin tin well with non-stick cooking spray
- Remove crust from bread and flatten with rolling pin and place in muffin tin
- Crack 8 eggs into large bowl, add milk, salt and pepper and mix well until scrambled.
- Add ham into egg mixture and pour into bread lined muffin tins.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until eggs are firm.
- Allow to cool slightly, remove from muffin tin and enjoy!
That’s it! You have a yummy and filling breakfast in no time that the whole family will love!
Other breakfast options:
Blueberry Banana Bread
Banana Bread from Scratch