Dinnertime doesn’t have to be stressful with Savory Sunday from GIANT Food Stores. This is a sponsored post on behalf of GIANT Food Stores but all opinions are 100% my own.
With school and afterschool activities my schedule is BUSY–and I’m sure that yours is as well. It is the season of life that I’m in right now and I love it, but I do find that I need to make sure to always have a plan in place for dinner early in the day or a nice dinner just doesn’t happen. How many times have you had the same thing happen to you where its 5 pm and you realize that dinner is still in the freezer? Having a meal plan in place helps prevent that 5 pm freak out, and that’s where this easy Homemade Meatball Recipe in Sauce comes into play.
I have always made homemade meatballs but I found a recipe in Savory Magazine recently in their Savory Sunday section, adapted it to my families tastes and my son swore they are the best meatballs he has ever eaten!
What makes these meatballs a great dinnertime solution is the fact that you can make everything the morning of (or even the night before!) and then just pop it into the oven and bake for 30 minutes and you have a fresh, homemade meal on the table in minutes. Serve with some crusty bread and a salad and you have a great, homemade meal in no time!
Homemade Meatball Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp oil olive
- 1 (28oz) can peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 425 degree. Mix together ground beef, egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and breadcrumbs and form into 1 inch balls. Bake at 425 degrees for20 minutes or cooked through, stirring often.
- Heat oil in ovenproof pan. Add peeled tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, water and salt and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add meatballs to sauce and boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Note: At this point you can freeze or refrigerate your meatballs to finish later or proceed to the next step.
- Place meatballs and sauce into oven and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, spooning sauce over meatballs often.
Have you heard of Savory Sunday yet?
Savory Sunday is GIANT’S newest meal planning program to help customers transform budget friendly staples into 4 easy weeknight meals. It starts with a prep day on Sunday, then your meals come together in just a few minutes each night.
Here is how it works:
Available in both magazine form and on their digital platform, Savory Sunday helps parents ensure that their families are eating well and getting the nutrients needed every day with meal planning.
Meal planning is easy to do, just set a day/time every week for time-saving meal planning, plan out all meals for the week with this meal planning worksheet before you go grocery shopping, take stock of what items you already have on hand and make a list of what you need. That’s it!
A few minutes of planning and prepping on Sunday and you have stress free week of meals ahead of you. Enjoy!