I am so happy to be here with Megan’s readers. I’m Candi and I am a dessert and recipe blogger over at A Day in Candiland.
This grasshopper pie is so simple to make but it looks beautiful and tastes delicious.
After cupcakes, pie is next on the list for my favorite dessert. You can make just about any flavor of pie, plus you can make it with so many different ingredients. This Grasshopper pie is a mix of cheesecake and whipped cream, with a fun chocolate crust.
Quick and Easy Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Pie Crust
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tub of cool whip
- ½ TS of Mint Extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream (topping)
- 3 TB Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup of Andes Chocolate Mint Bits
- Chocolate Mint Herb (optional)
- Mix Cream Cheese in stand mixer
- Add Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Add Extract and Food coloring to desired color.
- Fold in whipped cream and Chocolate Mint Bits
- Place in Freezer for 2 hours
- Whip up whipping cream with powdered sugar with hand mixer. Pipe on top of pie with a piping bag and Wilton 1M tip. Add Garnish on top.
You can make the crust from scratch or use a store bought chocolate crust if you are time sensitive.
I made some chocolate pieces with a Wilton Mold for decoration which also adds to the beauty.My family can eat an entire pie in one sitting. With 5 in our family we really only get one piece. We cut them a little bigger than most. So you are like us, you might want to make two.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and will leave a comment and let me know if you are going to try it.