It’s September, the weather is getting cooler and the kids are back to school! Schedules are busy but now is a great time to carve out some family time and still get the kids outdoors before it turns too cold. I love the Fall because there is so much to do so I put together a Fall Bucket List–30+ Things to do with the kids. Make sure to print out this list and check them off as you go! Do you think you can do all of these items before the snow flies?
Fall Bucket List: 30+ Things to Do with the Kids
- Vist a pumpkin patch
- Go apple picking
- Visit a cider mill
- Go to a high school football game and enjoy the Friday night lights
- Cozy up by a warm fire and enjoy a good movie
- Do a bonfire in your yard
- Make s’mores
- Go camping–yes, that’s right! Fall is the perfect time to go camping, you just have to dress appropriately and plan for cooler nights
- Take a hayride
- Visit a corn maze
- Go on a nature hike
- Press fall leaves between wax paper
- Bake an apple pie
- Carve a pumpkin
- Volunteer at your local food pantry or soup kitchen
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Do a Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Campout in the living room
- Make popcorn and watch a Halloween movie
- Visit a local nursing home and spend time with the residents
- Fly a kite–fall winds are brisk so perfect for flying a kite!
- Go on a day trip
- Visit Hershey Park in the Dark
- Bundle up, grab a blanket and head outdoors after dark to stargaze
- Collect food from your friends and family and donate it to you local food pantry
- Have your kids help you prepare a big pot of soup–having kids help in the kitchen is a great way to get them to eat food they normally wouldn’t try.
- Watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown“
- Go on a family bike ride
- Make Homemade Hot Chocolate with lots of whipped cream
- Rake your leaves and jump in the leaf piles
- Visit a petting zoo
- Make 30 Minute Chili to warm you up on a cool day
- Join a book club at your local library
- Go for a drive and go leaf watching
- Plant bulbs for the spring
Make sure to print out these handy free printable and hang it in your house and cross off items as you do them. Do you think you can do all of them before winter?
What would YOU add to the list to do this Fall?
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for reading NEPA MOM*