In the summer when berries are fresh and ripe I love to make this Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe. I love it with blueberries too so when I have some of the them in the house I add them to the Strawberry mixture for a splash of color and a jolt of flavor….yum!
This recipe is the perfect ending to a fun summer day and it is a light and refreshing ending to a simple summer dinner.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Strawberries and Blueberries
- 2 1⁄3 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Whipped cream
- Cut desired amount of strawberries into quarters, add a handful of blueberries and sprinkle with a few tbsp of sugar. Set aside to allow the berries to soften and make juice.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter until a soft dough forms. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, top with strawberry and blueberry mixture, pour remaining juice over top and then add whipped cream to top.
Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond says
This looks like a perfect summer dessert. Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party and I hope you have a fabulous week.
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome says
Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner Link up!
Mmm, strawberry shortcake always reminds me of my aunt, who makes it as a special treat on occasions. I’ve never made my own!
Miz Helen says
There is really nothing like a great Strawberry Shortcake and your recipe looks delicious.Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back to see us real soon!