In the summer when berries are fresh and ripe I love to make this Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe. I love it with blueberries too so when I have some of the them in the house I add them to the Strawberry mixture for a splash of color and a jolt of flavor….yum!
This recipe is the perfect ending to a fun summer day and it is a light and refreshing ending to a simple summer dinner.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Strawberries and Blueberries
- 2 1⁄3 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Whipped cream
- Cut desired amount of strawberries into quarters, add a handful of blueberries and sprinkle with a few tbsp of sugar. Set aside to allow the berries to soften and make juice.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter until a soft dough forms. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, top with strawberry and blueberry mixture, pour remaining juice over top and then add whipped cream to top.