Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and while many people go out to eat for Valentine’s Day I like to stay home and not have to deal with the overpriced menus and crowds at local restaurants. You can have just as elegant and sophisticated dinner at home with a little planning ahead especially with this easy recipe for chocolate covered strawberries.
To me, Chocolate Covered Strawberries are an easy yet yummy start to an elegant dinner at home or they are even great for a light dessert and they are so easy to make! The hardest part of making them is trying not to eat them all right away!
Recipe for Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- ½ bag white chocolate chips
- 1 package of ripe strawberries
- pink or red colored sugar
- Put the entire contents of the milk chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 sec increments until smooth and creamy.
- Once melted carefully dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate and swirl when removing. Place on a greased cookie sheet. When you have finished dipping all the strawberries melt the white chocolate chips using the same method.
- Take a fork and dipp it in the white chocolate and drip the chocolate over the completed strawberries. Garnish with colored sugar.
- Place in refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.