I love Cherry Pie but I don’t always want to take the time to make traditional pie crust so when I need an easy dessert featuring cherries that doesn’t take a long time I make this easy Cherry Oatmeal Cobbler.
This Cherry Oatmeal Cobbler is the perfect blend of tart and sweet and is perfect with ice cream on a hot summer day.
Cherry Oatmeal Cobbler
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar--packed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2½ cups quick cook oats
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place flour, salt and brown sugar in food processor and pulse lightly. Add butter and pulse until crumbles form. Add the oats and mix.
- Remove 1½ cups of mixture and set aside. Add apple juice to food processor and pulse until mixture is moist.
- Place in an even layer in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Place cherry pie filing on top of mixture and then top with remaining oats mixture.
- Bake until top is golden--about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then serve with ice cream.
An added feature is that most of the ingredients should be stuff you have in your pantry anyways so you can whip it up whenever the mood strikes! I made this recipe for my family recently and it was gobbled up in no time. It is delicious warm from the over and can be reheated if you actually end up with extras.
Doesn’t it sound delicious? Trust me, your family will gobble this up in no time at all!