Hi I’m Megan, thanks for stopping by!
I am a mom of 5 kids ages 15, 13, 11, 10 and 6 which means I’m am in the middle of parenting teens, preteens and elementary age kids all at the same time!
I am the owner and writer of NEPA MOM, a trusted online destination for busy moms and dads looking for the very best in family friendly recipes, product reviews, travel tips and more.
I am also the founder of the Boost Your Influence Summit, a conference designed to help bloggers and business owners build their influence in the online world in a small, intimate, group setting.
I live in Northeast PA (NEPA) with my husband, kids and our yellow lab.
Fun Facts about Me
- I have a degree in English and worked for both a daily and weekly newspaper in my local hometown as a reporter–I always tell my husband that is why I like to ask so many questions! One of my assignments at the weekly newspaper was to ride in a bi-plane, which is a small, open cockpit plane. Not only was it open cockpit but it was also a air show plan so we got to do tricks in the air like dives, loops and barrel rolls…..scary but fun!
- I was considered an adult returning student in college, despite being in my early 20’s. I took 18 months off after my Freshman year and during those 18 months off I worked full-time and met my husband, decided to go back to school and worked full time AND went to school full time.
- I graduated from college and got married within a few weeks from each other, and six months later I moved to Philadelphia with my husband when he got a new job. Six months after that we moved again and I worked for the PA Department of Community and Economic Development in their Press Office. I served under three PA Governors and wrote handled media inquiries, wrote press releases and speeches, handled special events and traveled across the state of PA–both my car and by private plane.
- During the first 8 years of marriage my husband and I moved 8 times–some years more than once–but I have lived in my current home for the past 10+ years. I really like moving but now I take care of my itch to move by traveling with my family.
- We are a busy family, with four of our five kids swimming competitively for a local swim club. I spend lots of time in my car, driving my kids to and from swim team practice and to swim meets throughout the state but we all truly love it. I love seeing my kids work hard, set goals and see their hard work pay off.
Throughout the years, I have been fortunate to partner with such brands as Hersheypark, PPL Electric, GIANT Food Stores, the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and Amazon Video as well as a two year collaboration with WBRE PA Live for a weekly segment and occasional morning segments.
NEPA Mom features a wonderful and loyal fan base making it the perfect place for you to showcase your sponsored posts, advertisements, and product reviews.
Opportunities for working with NEPA Mom include Ambassador Programs, Twitter Parties, sponsored posts opportunities and more.
Social Media Stats
- 25, 300Twitter Followers
- 8,015+ Facebook Fans
- 978+ Instagram Followers
- 3,739+ Pinterest Follower
2017 Top Posts
- Banana Bread recipe from Scratch
- 35+ Inexpensive Date Night Ideas
- Printable Road Trip Games
- Grocery Shopping List Template
- How to Freeze Green Peppers
Would you like to work together? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you soon!