Today I am sharing with you one of my absolute favorite meals and trust me, it is SO simple to make!
I love, love, love Chicken Marsala, it has always been my go-to restaurant meal because I figured it was too hard to make at home. When I had my last baby , my good friend brought me dinner one night and what did she bring but Chicken Marsala. I’m telling you, I dreamt about that Marsala that night–it was THAT good!
I begged her for the recipe and have made this dinner countless times since then. It is definitely one of my Easy Kid Friendly Recipes that I pull out time and time again!
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Recipe for Chicken Marsala…enjoy!
- Here is how you make it:
- 3 boneless chicken strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ c chopped onion
- 1 lb sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 c Marsala Wine
- 4 oz Mascarpone or Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Take 3 boneless Chicken Breasts butterflied and cut into strips and dredge the stripes in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and brown in pan with a little olive oil.
- Remove chicken to a plate and add olive oil, butter and. chopped onion to pan and sautee until soft.
- Add sliced white mushrooms and chopped garlic and cook until soft (about 8 minutes).
- Add Marsala wine and cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Once reduced add mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese) and Dijon mustard and stir until creamy.
- Add strips back into pan and finish in oven at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
One final note: You can make this recipe ahead of time up until putting it in the oven. I typically start it early in the day, put it in the fridge until dinnertime and then do the final cooking in the oven so it ready for dinner.
Looking for some more dinnertime inspiration? Check out my Recipes page!