Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is less than a month away? Typically I feel that January goes by so slow but as my kids get older and our lives get busier the time just seems to fly by! As my kids have gotten older their personalities have really started to come out and they have developed their own likes and dislikes and my middle two girls have discovered a love of cooking and baking. They love to watch cooking shows and their to try and make stuff in the kitchen so I just know they are going to love making these Homemade Gummy Hearts for friends and family for Valentine’s Day.
Homemade Gummy Hearts
- 1 ½ cups Applesauce
- 2 ¼ cup Sugar plus extra to roll gummy in
- 2- 3oz. Boxes of Black Cherry Jell-O (Any flavor will work)
- 2 packs of Unflavored Gelatin
- Heart Cookie Cutter
1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over Medium-High heat. Stir constantly until it reaches a boil. Let boil for one minute.
2. Remove from heat and pour into a parchment lined 13×9 baking dish. (This will allow for easier removal).
3. Place dish in refrigerator for about an hour or until set.
4. Once set, remove from pan and dust top with sugar.
5. Cut out heart shapes using your cookie cutter. After the first cut-out, dip cookie cutter in sugar before you cut-out the next one. (It won’t stick to much if you do this).
6. Take the gummy heart and roll in sugar to coat the bottom and sides. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Store in an airtight container or serve immediately.
- Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Recipe