This is a sponsored post on behalf of the Sweetest Moms Ambassador program. All opinions are 100% my own.
As a former resident and a frequent visitor of Hershey, friends and family often ask me for suggestions about things to do where to eat and especially where to stay when visiting Hersheypark. Just this past year I have stayed at both the Hershey Lodge and the Hotel Hershey and I love both of venues–for different reasons so I hope this helps you make your decision as to the Hershey Lodge or Hotel Hershey…where to stay?
First off, let me start by saying you really can’t go wrong with either property. By staying on a Hershey owned property you get the following benefits:
- Exclusive packages and activities at each property,
- Best ticket prices to Hershepark tickets
- VIP benefits including complimentary shuttle to Hersheypark, early access to select rides and attractions
- Complimentary admission to the Hershey Gardens
- Complimentary admission to the Hershey Story Museum
Ok so now I’m going to breakdown some details on each resort and give you some reasons as to why my family loves to stay there.
Hershey Lodge or Hotel Hershey?
The Hershey Lodge is a a full-service resort offering 665 guest rooms, including suites. Each room is decorated in chocolate themed decor–seriously, the attention to details in amazing. Even the sheets have a subtle candy theme! It is also home to family friendly restaurants like the Bears Den and Lebbie Lebkicher’s, as well as the Hershey Grill and the Forebear.
- VERY Family friendly, with kid’s check-in and seasonal kids activities, including s’more, basketball, mini golf and more.
- Hershey Water Works–this indoor water complex is what seals the deal for my kids when I ask where they want to stay. This 30,000 square foot complex includes water slides, the Reese’s Water Walk, a zero-entry pool, sandcastle spay zone and more. With multiple pool areas there is fun for all members of your family–from the biggest to the smallest–but the area is small enough that you can keep your eye on everyone all at once.
- Dinner at the Bear’s Den–while the decor is that of a sports bar with multiple tv’s and a bar, we find that the Bear’s Den is very family friendly and the food is fabulous and reasonably priced.
- The fireplace in the main lodge–this is a great place to unwind after a long day, especially if you have kids who aren’t ready for bed. There are a variety of seating areas including comfy couches and tables to sit at and the atmosphere is festive.
The Hotel Hershey is one of America’s landmark hotels offering luxurious accommodations, formal gardens, fountains, reflecting pools and terraces. Hotel guests can enjoy amenities such as indoor and outdoor pools, 18 hole putting course, state of the art fitness center and wonderful dining options.
- Elegance at every turn–with 276 deluxe guest rooms including suites and premium cottage rooms, there is elegance to be found in all off it but yet, it is comfortable and family friendly as well.
- Fine dining–the Circular Dining room offers unparalleled views of the Gardens and an unbelievable breakfast buffet as well as lunch and dinner options. Other dining opportunities include Italian offerings in Trevi 5, American dining in Harvest and casual dining in the Iberian lounge.
- The Hershey Spa– The Spa is famous for its signature chocolate treatments, as well as offering more traditional spa treatments and Cuban-inspired treatments.
- Kids recreation and activities– There are a variety of options for indoor and outdoor swimming, plus a sports complex featuring, basketball, volleyball, and tennis courts. Like the outdoors? The Hotel offers miles of hiking trails, Segway tours, falconry, and much more!
TIP: Make sure if you are staying at the Hotel Hershey to request that milk and cookies be left in your room at night. It is a sweet treat at the end of a fun day!
I hope these tips help you decide where to stay during your next visit to Hershey, but no matter which lodging option you chose you are sure to have a fun time.
In my opinion the Lodge is the right choice for larger families or families with young children. The setting is less formal and because the Lodge is so family friendly it can get a little loud sometimes so if your toddler decides to have meltdown you will blend right in. The Hotel is a bit more formal, but it is second to no other hotel in America for ambience, comfort and pampering so you can never go wrong there.
Want to learn more? Check out these other posts about visiting Hershey PA.
- Hersheypark in Hershey PA
- Hershey Waterworks at the Hershey Lodge
- Having Fun at Chocolate World in Hershey PA
- Tips for visiting Christmas in Hershey
- Butterfly Atrium at the Hershey Gardens