“This is a sponsored blog; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by Bays English Muffins to review this product”
When I was a kid I loved making English Muffin pizzas. There is just something so yummy about the crunchy muffin topped with pizza sauce and gooey, yummy cheese! As an adult, I still love them and my kids love them too. They are great because they make an easy lunch or quick dinner and my kids love that they can make them by themselves. It’s a great way to jazz up a breakfast table favorite…yes, I said breakfast because many people think that English muffins are just for breakfast.
Luckily, Bays English Muffins is rewriting the rules, showing millions of people that English muffins are great any time of day. Bays chefs are proving the versatility of English muffins with creative recipes for appetizers (Bacon, Beer & Cheddar English Muffin Wedges), mini pizzas, sandwiches, melts, paninis, burgers, and sides (like garlic bread.)
Of course, never ignore the mastery of the English muffin for breakfast. Bays Original, Sourdough, Multi-Grain and Honey Wheat give you a lot of options.
- 4 Bays Sourdough English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 8 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles, divided
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 thick slices ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup baby arugula, loosely packed, divided
- Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet set over medium heat, turning frequently. Set aside.
- Mix together gorgonzola and mayonnaise, mashing gorgonzola to create a thick, smooth spread. Spoon 1 tablespoon gorgonzola spread onto each toasted muffin bottom. Top with 2 slices of cooked bacon and a slice of tomato. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons pesto on each muffin top. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat, and crack eggs into skillet. Cook until egg whites are firm, but yolks are still slightly runny, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and use a spatula to separate eggs and remove from pan, placing one egg on top of each tomato slice. Top each with ¼ cup loosely packed arugula, then muffin tops. Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4
Go to bays.com to find out what stores near you carry Bays as well as great Bays recipe ideas
And now, after more than 80 years of family tradition, adhering to the authentic, original recipe – – Bays is making it even easier for you to enjoy the versatility of its English muffins. You can now find Bays at Tops Friendly Markets – – and to celebrate, packages at Tops will have a $1 off coupon on each package. You won’t find Bays English Muffins in the bread aisle, though. Look in the refrigerated dairy case next to the eggs and milk.
Also, make sure to “Like” Bays on Facebook for great recipes, sweepstakes and an ongoing weekly pop quiz to get the brain moving – – then enter for a chance to win a case of Bays English Muffins – that’s 12 packages!
Make sure to grab your coupon and try Bay’s English Muffins today–any time of day!